Welcome to the Mahaffey Clinic Website
Clinic Phone: 832-375-8230 / 832-375-8231 Clinic Fax: 832-375-8298
Birthday Snacks may be purchased through the school cafeteria, please contact the front office. ANY AND ALL BIRTHDAY SNACKS MUST be requested 2 weeks prior, no exceptions. Please remember you are always welcome to send birthday goodie bags for the class (without edible items) to school for celebration instead. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications (cough drops, Tylenol, Ibuprofen...)
All medications, including OTC items like cough drops, have to be dropped off by a parent in the clinic and signed in, An authorization to give these medications has to be signed in order to administer. The following are KISD policies for giving OTC medications:
1) Can only be kept in clinic for 2 weeks, unless ordered by a physician to be administered for a longer period.
2) Medication CANNOT be expired.
3) Can ONLY be given as directed, as listed on packaging, AGE and/or WEIGHT appropriate. UNLESS ordered otherwise by a physician's orders (must have copy of orders).
Prescription medication maybe given in the clinic with physician orders, either documented on the CURRENT prescription label and/or documented on an authorization form sign by MD. (Please see the KISD Handbook for more information). If medication can be given at home before or after school, it is advised that you give the medication at home. If medication needs to be administered or it's an EMERGENCY medication that must be kept in the clinic (inhaler, Epi-pen, Benadryl) parents must sign medication into the clinic, as well as sign a medication authorization form. Students may not keep medication with them. The following are KISD policies on prescription medications:
1) Must have current prescription label, that states doctors orders (can only be given as directed).
A) Original container
B) labeled properly
2) CANNOT be expired, expired medications have to be picked up by a parent once expired.